Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Phoenix" and "Rebirth"

"Phoenix" is the first track of Rebirth and kind of serves as a bridge between the two projects (Death and Rebirth).  It's the only instrumental track of our concept record, and it's a combination of acoustic guitar and some very cool beats; it's the crescendo of a soul dying and living again.  Historically, the phoenix is a mythical crimson bird that lives from 500 to 1,000 years, and near the end of it's life, builds a nest, consumes itself in fire, and from the ashes is born anew to live again; a symbol of eternal life.  It is said that it's cry is one of the most beautiful songs ever heard.

Following "Phoenix" is "Rebirth"

"Rebirth"

Spin the dial
Time is on fire
Come eventide
In the kiln of life
Kerosene,
I got a bridge
You got a match for me?

Hurling soul
Jack knife into the depths of 
A renaissance
Bless this mess
With solluting guns
Never thought I'd see the day 
But the day is won
Rebirth is upon us
Rebirth us upon us

And start, stop
Start, stop
Start
And I come out swingin'

**Rebirth is never an easy process; in fact, it can often be excruciatingly painful and messy.  I imagine it to be like a kiln or even childbirth maybe. Obviously, I will never give birth to a being myself and could never understand that kind of physical pain, but I have certainly felt the "contractions" in my heart as I have died and been born again every day.  It's that starting and stopping and starting again that makes change a war inside for me.  I always feel like I come out swinging.--Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment